Good Oscilloscopes, with NZ based Vendors.

This is the space to ask all your burning tech questions and discuss the Skills Bright Sparks competition. We are here to help!
THEBROTAKU

Good Oscilloscopes, with NZ based Vendors.

Post by THEBROTAKU » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:17 pm

Hiya guys.

My city is setting up a Makerspace currently and has quite a bit of council funding. I've been tasked with picking an oscilloscope out for it. We have an ancient Analogue scope as I reckon it's easier to explain and teach how to use a scope on one of them, but it would be nice to have a digital scope for really analyzing waveforms etc.

The Rigol DS1054Z looks pretty great as an entry level scope with 4 channels. The Siglent SDS1202X-E, while being only dual-channel is insanely fast, 200Mhz! compared to the Rigol's 50Mhz. Do you guys have any reccomendations?

Also we would prefer to support NZ Business and purchase from a retailer here, but I can't seem to remember any that sell Scopes. Do you know any?

Thanks a bunch.
Rohan

Liam

Re: Good Oscilloscopes, with NZ based Vendors.

Post by Liam » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:19 am

You can have a look at the DSE Nano and stuff from Adafruit, or parallel import. If you're looking from a cost perspective it's going to be cheaper to import than buy local - just keep it under the $400 gst threshold :) But that is soon changing, so keep an eye out :)
Liam Beale
(Moderator)
www.phoenix-tech.co.nz